Once you have created a login with ShowGroundsLive, you can begin the process of making entries and managing them.
- Once an entry is created, it will be automatically assigned a number in the 10,000’s and appear as “pending” until it is picked up by the horse show server.
- Once your entry has been accepted by the horse show, it will no longer say “pending”.
- You will still have to go to the office to get your back number and sign an entry blank but your entry will be made and the show will be expecting you in any classes you entered.
- Classes cannot be added or scratched at most shows after 4:00 the day before. Each horse show can have a very different add/scratch policy so be sure you know what it is because some classes will not be able to be added to new entries if the entry is made after the cutoff day/time.
- Please note that it is always best to log in as trainer (or any person who is associated with all of your entries-rider, trainer or owner) in order to be able to manage your entries once they are created.
Log into yourShowGrounds account and pick the show company you wish to make entries for.
Pick the week you wish to create entries for. Click “continue”
First, pick your horse. Horses you have associated with in the past at the show company will appear in your drop down list. If your horse is there, you can select the horse from the list. Click continue.
If your horse is not yet associated with the show company, USEF number always is the best way to be sure you find the right horse. Whenever possible, have your USEF numbers with you when making entries. Enter horse’s USEF number into the USEF box after selecting the “by USEF” button. Click search. A search at USEF will be performed. Select your horse and click continue.
If you do not have your horse’s USEF number, you can search the horse show data base by name. A simple search will bring back a list of possible choices.
Be sure to pick the correct horse. Click continue.
If you cannot find your horse by name or USEF number you can easily create a record. Simply click on :
A window will open the will allow you to enter your horse’s information. Fill out the form as completely as possible and save.
Once the horse is selected, The owner, trainer and rider will be selected using the same method for each person.
Search by USEF number is always preferable. Enter the person’s USEF number and click search. Pick the person from the list and click continue
If you do not have the person’s USEF number, you can search people by name. Enter the person’s name and click search. Pick the correct person from the list and click continue.
If you cannot find an owner, trainer or rider using USEF number or name, simply select the “Can’t Find your._____?” option.
A window will open that will allow you to create a record for this person. Please fill out the information as completely as possible. In the case of owners, please note if it is a farm. Click save.
Follow the same steps to add owner, trainer and rider (s) to the entry. Pick the person who will be the prize money recipient and responsible party for payment.
When you are done, it will look something like this:
Now you can add classes! Pick the rider who will be riding in the classes. Classes can be added by
- Adding a division from the drop down list
- Adding a class from the drop down list.
- Adding a class by number (multiple classes can be added using a comma between the numbers).
Please be sure to first press the add button each time you select classes and a list will develop below. Use the trash can to get rid of any classes you do not want.
Classes that are added after the cut off time will bring back a warning. You will have to see the show office about late adds.
Once all of the classes are selected, click continue
If the show you are entering allows the ordering of supplies, you can order them from the drop down list. Keep selecting and adding until you are done. A list will form below. Use the trash can to remove any supplies you do not want. Click continue.
Review your fees. Click continue.
If a show is part of a series, you will be able to add your entry to any of the weeks you choose without having to create another entry for your horse. Pick the shows you wish to participate in and click continue.
In the payment window, select a credit card from the list or add a credit card. Entries must be secured by a valid credit card. Some horse shows will require a deposit. If you do not have any credit cards on file, choose “Add Credit Card”
Adding a credit card is easy. Fill out the form and click save. Once added, it will be safely retained for future use.
Once you have added your credit card, you will be asked to process the entry. Each horse show has different terms and conditions. Read them carefully. Click agree.
By clicking submit, you will make your entry.
Until your entry syncs with the show, it will show as “pending”.
Within a few minutes, your entry will be in the horse show. Note that online entries are given numbers in the 10,000’s and will be converted at the show office. Although your entry is made, you will have to sign an entry blank and pick up your back numbers at the show office. If an entry remains pending, the horse show server may be down or experiencing a busy time. Do not keep making entries for pending horses.
You will also receive a confirmation email.